Description of Services
Reciprocal Wills & POAs
As part of our retainer for preparation of reciprocal wills and powers of attorney, we provide the following services, all of which are included in the fee that has been quoted to you:
- An initial electronic meeting with you to review the nature and extent of your assets and receive instructions with respect to the manner in which you wish to dispose of your estate
- Preparation of an Asset List for you on the basis of the information provided by you during the initial meeting
- Drafting 2 Wills, 2 Powers of Attorney for Property and 2 Powers of Attorney for Personal Care as per your instructions
- An electronic meeting with you to execute the Wills and the Powers of Attorney
Services Not Included
Please note that the fee quoted to you will not include the following additional services, which will be provided to you at the fee set out below should you require them from us:
- Receiving subsequent instructions form you which are materially different from those previously given
- Verification of the value, ownership and associated tax liabilities of your assets
- Preparation of Multiple Wills
- Preparation of Mutual Wills
- Preparation of Spousal Trusts
- Provision of legal advice on how foreign succession or tax laws will impact your estate or your beneficiaries – On this point, you will need to obtain legal advice from a lawyer licensed to practice law in the foreign jurisdiction.
- Provision of advice with respect to income tax planning – On this point, you will need to speak to your accountant or a tax lawyer.